Monday, July 5, 2010

The Ruin National Edition ready for debut on Amazon, National, Library, International channels


I will receive the proof copy of The Ruin this week for the National Edition of the Ruin. If it meets the standards I expect it to, then I will give the go ahead for it to featured on Amazon.com and to enter the wholesale market for distribution to bookstores throughout the United States and abroad. This will also make it available for sale to the library trade. Book fulfillment will be handled by CreateSpace, a subsidiary of Amazon.

Arborwood Press will continue to publish limited quantities of the original edition of The Ruin at its facilities in Bend, Oregon and market them through the website arborwoodpress.com and at the original price. The books I print at Arborwood Press are special to me. I do the printing, binding, packaging, and autograph each one. Usually I know the person the book goes out to. Often I hear back from that reader and the reader shares their story with me.

That is not to say that the reader who buys a copy from Barnes and Noble in Bar Harbor, Maine or the Corner Book Store in Naples, Florida can't sit down and write an e-mail or even call me and share their story. I'd love that. My e-mail is in the back of the book. Comments are welcome on the blog also. None have been rejected so far.

I'm excited about the book's availability to the national audience. I had resisted because I wanted to keep the price down. In order to make it available to the wholesale trade, I had to raise the price about five dollars to bring it in line with books of similar page count. The alternative was cut the page count. I did not want to do that to the story. The e-editions of the book remain the same, whether at the Kindle Store, or directly from my web site.
Respectfully submitted,
Kenneth Fenter

No comments: