Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Ruin Selection for Two Book Clubs!

This week came the exciting news that two book clubs have selected The Ruin for coming months. A book club in Eugene, Oregon of retired teachers, a librarian and a science professor will read and discuss the book at their August meeting. I've been invited to sit in on the meeting if I can get over the mountain for that.

The second notice came this morning from a club of teachers in the Bend, Oregon area who have selected the book for their October meeting. My wife and I have been invited to sit in on that meeting as well.

I am thrilled at the idea of my novel having been selected as a book club read. And to sit in on the discussion, even if as a fly on the wall. I have never belonged to a book club, but have attended a meeting or two that my wife belonged to, and found them to be freewheeling, thought provoking events. It will be interesting to hear their take on my book.

Any group who is interested in the book as a book club selection should e-mai arborwoodpress@aol.com and ask about special pricing.

Respectfully,
Kenneth Fenter

No comments: