Friday, May 27, 2011

Meet Kenneth Fenter at Art and the Vineyard Festival July 3&4 In Eugene

     Come see me at Alton Baker Park in Eugene July 3 and 4 at the Oregon Author Table at the 14th annual Art & Vineyard Festival in Eugene. I'll be there along with 34 Oregon Authors with The Ruin, The Bee Tree and Gaijin! Gaijin! Third Edition. I'm really excited to be back in home territory to hopefully see old friends and maybe meet a few new ones. My shift is from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. both days. There will be a variety of authors there with their books and also there will be a poets corner on Sunday afternoon. I'm honored to be there among some of Oregon's most respected authors. Really looking forward to in.
     My books are already in the Eugene Public Library and the Springfield Public Library and when I dropped of The Bee Tree on Wednesday, May 25, The Ruin was checked out that day. I was glad that it was being circulated regularly over there.
     When we lived in Springfield up until 2004, the Art and & Vineyard Festival was a must go event culminated by the fireworks festival at Autzen stadium. On the fourth we quit in time for everyone to mosey on over for a picnic and seating in preparation for the fireworks. 
     Later in the summer I'll also be at the Lane County Fair for three days on the 17, 18, and 19. More on that later. The times on my shifts at the fair are currently set for 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. all three days. 
     For both events watch the newspaper and supplements for a complete listing of authors, times, and sampling of books that will be featured. This summer is shaping up to be an exciting season for the very active Oregon writing and publishing colony.

No comments: