Monday, December 10, 2012

Gifted Hands reviewed on Webbweaverebooks blogtalkradio

Gifted Hands: Saino no Aru Te
By Kenneth Fenter
Available on Amazon.com
in print and e-book editions 
I spent a very enjoyable half hour with host C.K. Webb host of WebbWeaverbooks Blogtalk Radio Monday afternoon talking about my newest novel Gifted Hands: Saino no Aru Te. The episode is archived and can be heard on Webbweaver blogtalkradio . She asked questions about my background, my link to the Nagasaki area and gave a few minutes to read from the book. I chose to read "Haraguchi's Poem" which my fictional character a poet in the book writes as a request from his girlfriend who helps reunite the two main characters, the American artist and the Japanese koto musician after a 20 year separation.

I've always been fascinated with the skill a poet has in being able to write on one page what it takes the novelist an entire book to convey and I attempted to do that through the poet Harguchi. It is no easy task, especially if you are not a poet. I have an immense respect for poets just as I do for fine artists.

The second selection I read from the book was the opening chapter. Thirty minutes seems like a long time, but it goes fast. The reading portion didn't take long, we mostly talked. I'm interested now in going back and listening to more of the archived programs that C.K. has done and listening to other programs that she has coming up.

This is my first experience with the blogtalk radio concept. It is pretty fascinating.

Thank you C.K. Webb for the opportunity.

Kenneth Fenter

No comments: