Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"The Ruin is a must read"

Cover of the Ruin released on Monday, Feb. 1 by Kenneth Fenter

The first review of the Novel came in from the very first person to order the book off the website and to place a comment on the blog! With permission I'm posting it here.



I have just finished reading this book “The Ruin". I couldn't put it down! It is an amazing book! I was fascinated by the story. The detailed information of survival techniques and the description of the land are superbly done. I was able to relate somewhat with “Cliff” the boy in the story having grown up in that region of Colorado and experienced some of the bullying that the story is about. I highly recommend this book to all those who love adventure and challenges, or to those that want to learn about human nature and the battle of survival in mind and spirit. This is truly a beautiful story. I cried. I laughed. I felt fear. But most of all I felt joy and wonder in “watching” Cliff meet the challenges and obstacles of his quest.
An additional comment regard the book "The Ruin". This book is appropriate for all ages. It reaches the young people who are trying to survive and grow up in this adverse society as well as parents and guardians who are trying to raise young people in this adverse society. A must read is my opinion.
Well done, Kenneth, Well done!
Bakersfield, Ca
Feb 8, 2010


I've combined two comments here. To read the two comments exactly as posted go to the comments section at the bottom of the January 23 posting announcing the release date of the book.
I appreciate any comments on the book or the blog. To leave a comment click on the little envelope icon. It takes you to a window with the body of the blog posting and a window for your comment. If you have a google account you sign in to it to post your comment. If you have no account all you do is create one by making up a user name or use your e-mail user name and a password to create an account. It is a two step process to guard against spammers. I will be notified by e-mail that there is a comment waiting to be posted. I can check it to see that it is not spam and then either reject or post. I will post it if it is not spam. I am not above criticism if something can be improved by all means let me know.
Respectfully submitted,
Kenneth Fenter

No comments: