Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Ruin: A boy's quest to rebuild his self-worth by seeking refuge in the wilderness available globally

I thought it would be fun to spend a few minutes this morning to Google my novel The Ruin: A boy's quest to rebuild his self-worth by seeking refuge in the wilderness and see what what was happening with it. This was partly because in early June a new blitz went out to media around the country that included a large number of "book bloggers". I've discovered a world of book lovers out there who have linked together to share their love of literature of all kinds. The age seems to be from very young adult to my own generation and beyond. All genera are covered. 
Getting back to Google. I typed in the title and multiple pages came up, not all originating with this blog attached. I soon learned that it is for sale in most countries of the world including South Africa, India, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, Great Britain, Norway, Sweden, and so on. The currency made it difficult to tell exactly what it was selling for. And it is all online, so they aren't walking into stores and buying copies off the shelf. It is truly a global online economy. 
It takes awhile for reviews to start coming in. One of the first is in the post just preceding this this from a lady named Teresa. She requested a copy of The Bee Tree. It seems from her note to me that she writes for a number of outlets, rather than her own blog. 
I visited the blogs of all those who requested a copy of the book to review and the profiles of the individual bloggers. What an interesting group of folk. A community who link together to share like a huge book club.
It is a new dimension to this field that I wish I'd discovered a long time ago.

My best to you,
Kenneth Fenter

No comments: